Aug 29, 2008

How to get a two-letter e-mail address at in.com ?

Did you always want to have a real short and sweet e-mail id on a website. But Ah! yahoo, google and others always put those restrictions that your userid should be at least these many characters.

So, the desire to get a real good id was always a dream. A dream only till recently.


Somebody launched a website in.com and wanting to project it India's next yahoo or google mail service (?) .
As the service is relatively new, chances are that you would get your first name as e-mail id. And who knows you could get really lucky if it goes to become next yahoo!

So, what's so wonderful about all this? Well, the intersting part is:

You could get a two-letter e-mail id at in.com using a small hack

Welcome to the Internet in.com!

Just a small trick gets you a two letter id, just like I got pp@in.com for me.

While signing up on the website, put two consecutive periods (dots) between the two letters that you want your e-mail Id to be and thee you go!

For example, two select my id "pp" , I selected a user-id "p..p" and got pp@in.com

It's as simple as that but hurry up before they fix it.

3 comments:

Prats said...

Hi Sir,

Thanks a lot...

I got pg@in.com :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping by at my blog, I'll try your trick though I don't think I need a 2 letter email :)

Anonymous said...

Before reading your blog I had registered as b..b@in.com. Now having leart from you I can log-in as bb@in.com.Also mails sent to bb@in.com reaches INBOX of b..b@in.com

But in my sent mail recipient still sees my address as b..b@in.com.

How can I make it appear as bb@in.com in the sent mail. Can you please help?

TheServerSide.com: News